- An overall grade point average of at least 3.25 at the end of each semester.
- Enrollment each semester in Honors 317 (fall) and Honors 318 (spring), College Scholars Seminar, unless excused by the Director.
- An annual report, signed by Scholar and Mentor, that demonstrates progress towards clear educational goals that cannot be met within the distribution requirements structure of the College of Arts and Sciences.
Note: Retention is technically at the sole discretion of the Director. In rare circumstances, the Director may allow a student to remain in the program even if these requirements are not completely fulfilled.
- Completion of the General Education Requirement. While a Mentor can often help advise about this, and while it may be possible to substitute some courses by petition, it is the Scholar's responsibility to ensure that his or her course selection completes the General Education Requirement.
- Successful completion of 120 credit hours.
- Within those hours, at least 42 hours of courses numbered 300 or above.
- Filing for graduation at the Registrar's Office, 209 Student Services, after earning 90 hours.
- Completion of the Senior Project. For details, please see the document, "Guidelines for a College Scholars Senior Project."
For more information, please see the documents in the "College Scholars Handbook" folder which can be found in the "Information" section of the College Scholars Cavas site.